Saturday, November 14, 2015

White Coat Ceremony

Today was the official White Coat Ceremony at Ohio Northern University (ONU) for the third year pharmacy majors.  This ceremony is where the P3 class comes together to commit to the profession of pharmacy.  We receive our white coats and take a pledge of professionalism during this time. 

The day begins with a breakfast with the students and their mentors. I did not have a mentor in mind for the ceremony, so ONU matched me with an alumni for the day.  Breakfast was a great time to talk to your mentor and hear them talk about their journey in the profession.  After breakfast, it was time for the ceremony.  During the ceremony, speeches were made and each student was called to the stage.  Once on stage, your mentor placed the white coat on you.  After the ceremony, it was time to spend the day celebrating with family and friends.

In addition, reaching this point in my education is a milestone.  The white coat symbolizes the professional phase of my education beginning at ONU.  I am almost halfway done with my doctorate degree and on my way to becoming a pharmacist.  Overall, I am looking forward to practicing in a growing profession and seeing where the future takes me.

2 comments:

  1. Celine, this is such a neat and exciting accomplishment! Congratulations! You're almost half-way done and like you said, a graduate student now. You've already come so far, so don't give up. Hang in there because even though it will get harder, you can do it! Unfortunately, I was unable to attend the White Coat Ceremony this year and I'm really bummed out. I had a lot of friends that were receiving their white coats and they all talked about how exciting it was. Thank you for sharing such wonderful pictures, I'm sure your family is so proud of you. Sounds like you had a great weekend! P.S. That puppy is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Receiving the Pharmacy White Coat is such a fantastic accomplishment! Celine has always wanted to be a pharmacist for as long as I can remember. It's great to see her accomplishing her dream.

    ReplyDelete