Friday, November 13, 2015

Cup Controversy

Unless you have been living under a rock lately, you have seen and read about the news regarding Starbucks.  I am constantly seeing my Twitter and Facebook pages filled with posts and comments regarding the change of the holiday cups.  This year, Starbucks decided to use a red cup with only its logo on the side.  There are no snowflakes or snowmen, it’s simple.  Some individuals are saying the change in cup design is attacking the religion of Christianity.  In my opinion, that is just crazy.

Personally, I don’t see a problem with the red cups.  They are red, which fits into the Christmas season.  In addition, you just throw the cup away after you finish the coffee.  The previous cups weren’t really collectible and not much use once the day was over.  I find it amazing people are boycotting the company because of this little change.  It doesn’t change the taste of the coffee and it still has the holiday feeling.

Overall, the change in the design of the cup at Starbucks will not change my routine.  When I am at home, I typically stop by Starbucks on my way to work.  The employees are always friendly, and I love having my daily dose of coffee.  In addition, I am ready for the cup controversy to end.  It is a minor change to the holiday cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment