Sunday, November 8, 2015

Ready to Relax

Well, I have hit the point in the semester where my list always gets longer but never seems to shorten.  Group projects, papers and exams are in full swing.  I don’t think I have one easy week the rest of the semester.  With two major exams this week and a project coming due, life is very stressful.  I am constantly looking at my calendar to see how much longer until Thanksgiving break.

Break can’t come soon enough.  Yes, I will be working at Giant Eagle during the week.  It’ll be good to work for a few days so I can catch up with my co-workers.  In addition, I am ready to spend some time in my own house surrounded by family and friends.  I want to be able to sleep in my own bed and pet my two kitties.  Also, I look forward to Black Friday shopping.  I have gone shopping on Black Friday for many years with my dad and will continue the tradition again this year.  I’m not sure what we are looking for quite yet, but I enjoy the crazy and hectic experience.

Overall, I think most college students are ready for a break no matter their major.  We need that time with our family before dreaded finals begin.  Even though this semester is not going quite how I planned, I have some great friends and family who have helped me through the rough patches.  I just have to remember to take one day at a time.  Thanksgiving break will be here very soon.

4 comments:

  1. Celine -
    I couldn't agree with you more, it's definitely time for a break. I completely understand where you're coming from when you say you're to do list is constantly growing. As we left for Atlanta on Friday, I tried to get ahead on a few things, so I wouldn't be as behind when we returned. I feel as though it's actual quite impossible to be completely caught up. I am also looking forward to Black Friday, as it's one of my favorite days of the year. Now that our world has gone digital, I miss the old days when you'd be able to sit and look at all the ads on Thanksgiving and determine what store you wanted to hit. Now a majority of the stores open at 8 or 7 on Thanksgiving night. Wishing you the best on your two exams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celine, girlfriend I know exactly how you feel. This break can not come soon enough. I just keep telling myself that I can make it through these two weeks. It's hard to find the motivation to keep going sometimes. This semester has been a lot more stressful that I thought it would be and I'm at my limit. I need this break so badly and I'm sure everyone else is feeling the same. You know it just gets to that point in the semester where everyone is just burnt out. That's why I think it would honestly be better if we had quarters instead of semesters, to me it just makes more sense because it gives students a break. Right around the time a quarter would end is when I feel students start to get overworked and overwhelmed. Hang in there Celine! Only two more weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two more weeks. I'm so excited. I'll probably have to work too but at least we have food to look forward too. I can't wait for Thanksgiving dinner. And I get to spend time with friends and family which will be a lot of fun. Good luck with all your papers, exams and projects. We got this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Celine - As many of our classmates have already said, two more weeks. There was one sentence in this post that stood out the most, and that was you going home to see your two kittens. I too cannot wait to go home and see my Australian Shepherd who I call my Baby Girl. Seeing my parents is a plus too, but I am sure you could agree that if our pets were with us on campus, life would be so so so much less stressful, kinda. But put your head down and start plowing through these two weeks because a well needed break is waiting on the other side.

    ReplyDelete