Saturday, September 12, 2015

NFL Football Returns

NFL football returns this week with numerous fans ready to watch the games.  Fans have been waiting eagerly to spend their Sunday afternoons around the television ready to cheer on their favorite team.  Typically, these days are spent with some great food, as well as family and friends.  Many people hold football parties with their favorite appetizers.  Appetizers include nachos, buffalo chicken dip, and chicken wings.  Many families are brought together because of football and food.  These gatherings create numerous memories during the anticipated football season.

In addition to watching these games from home, many fans will travel to the stadiums to see the games in action.  Stadiums are ready to be filled with cheering fans, who are also willing to pay the price to root for their favorite team.  Many of the football stadiums are updated in the offseason in order to continue improving the atmosphere for sports enthusiasts.  These improvements can include revamping the seats in general or enhancing the food options available.  Managers of the NFL teams have been waiting for the start of the season in order to begin earning revenue for the team.  Fans will often have to pay for parking, their entrance ticket, food, and possibly memorabilia.  These items are definitely not cheap, but they contribute to the entire viewing experience.  For some people, going to a game is a yearly occurrence.  Because of this, individuals are not afraid to pay a little extra to enjoy the day from start to finish. 

Currently, people are probably doing their last- minute party shopping.  They are buying their favorite foods, and getting ready for the anticipated start to the football season.  Whether you are a football fanatic or not, you can enjoy the time with friends and family during the games.  Personally, I love watching football games with my friends and family.  It is much more exciting to watch the games in the presence of company, than by yourself in your room.  The close interaction between fans, as well as the competitiveness of the sport, allows for an exciting football season.

3 comments:

  1. Celine, I am so glad that you posted about this! I love football season because I feel like it's a time when friends and family can get together. Of course the food is the best part! But I wish tickets didn't cost so much or I would go to the stadium every weekend. Today I was able to watch Ohio State play against Hawaii and everything about the game just makes me so happy. My mom and I made chicken tortilla soup (which is something we love to make for games) and enjoyed watching the game together. Like you mentioned, it's the perfect time to be with family and share in their love of football. And Ohio State won, which made the day even better. I can't wait to see what more surprises this football season has to offer.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Celine- I love football season! It is one of my favorite parts about fall. In my family, football is a big deal. Every Saturday we gather around the television and cheer on Ohio State followed by another long day of football on Sunday. My favorite part about football is you never know what could happen. Upsets happen so often, especially in college football. Did you catch the Toledo vs. Arkansas game? No one expected the University of Toledo to beat a ranked SEC team. I’m an Ohio State fan so hopefully there won’t be any upsets this year. Go Bucks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Celine - Football season is also one of my favorite times, it is probably my favorite part of fall. When I am home, my brother, dad and I all sit downstairs and watch Michigan State play. My favorite part about football is definitely all the food and the time spent with family.I am excited that football season is in full swing and I am ready for the upsets to begin.

    ReplyDelete