Saturday, November 21, 2015

New Facebook Tool

Facebook is once again testing a new tool to improve the social media site.  This new feature deals with relationships, especially when changing your specific status.  Currently, many people use Facebook in order to show the relationship is official.  Once a relationship is official, people will be able to comment and like the post. 

A major problem and concern for people is when their relationship status changes due to an old relationship ending a new one forming.  Individuals don’t want to see their feed full of their former partner’s name with their posts and pictures.  With this new tool, a person can achieve this without having to block or unfollow their past partner.  There a variety of settings to choose from including limiting the photos and status updates the past partner will be able to see.

Overall, I am looking forward to seeing how this new tool is used throughout the Facebook community.  Currently, these tools are being tested in the United States on mobile devices.  Based on the feedback from users, Facebook will continue to tweak and improve the tool.  This tool is an optional feature with the goal of giving individuals a sense of control over their relationships.  

1 comment:

  1. Celine, this is such a neat tool! I had heard a little bit of talk about it this, but wasn't exactly sure what is was. I think this is a wonderful idea. Who wants to look at their interactions with old partners, especially if the break-up wasn't mutual. It's so awkward to go back and see what you sent to each other, so being able to hide it is a great idea. I don't really have to worry about this issue because I've been dating the same guy since High School so all the posts are about us. However, I do have a couple of crushes that I used to post about and now that I'm seeing it pop up under my "memories," it's a little weird. I think I may try out the tool to hide those!

    ReplyDelete