Monday, September 21, 2015

Family Day 2015

On September 19, 2015, Ohio Northern University (ONU) held its annual Family Day.  This day invites families to campus to spend time with their student.  Events are planned all over campus to keep families busy if they wish to participate.  This year the weather definitely did not cooperate in the morning.  It rained and poured the majority of the morning.  The Harvest and Herb Festival is held annually on Main Street in Ada.  A parade usually marches down the street and there are a variety of booths for you to browse.  Because of the storm, my family and I decided to skip the festival this year.  We walked down there to give it a try, but a crack of thunder sounded and we resorted to an inside activity instead.

We decided to play bingo and attempt to win some prizes.  Due to the rain, there was a large group of families ready to have some fun.  We played six rounds of bingo with my sister winning the very first game.  She was very excited and ended up winning an ONU hat.  After bingo, we headed to Lima in order to eat some lunch and do some shopping.  It was good to spend this time relaxing with family before another stressful week begins.

After returning from Lima, the weather cleared up and turned sunny.  We were able to simply walk around campus and we even fed the ducks.  Feeding the ducks is an activity my family loves to perform.  The ducks get excited and swarm around the bridge in order to get some food.  It is always fun to see the excitement once you drop the first bit of food.  Overall, family day was another success.  I love seeing the numerous families that come to campus in order to spend some time with their student.  Sometimes families travel over a few hours just to participate in this day, showing their love and dedication.  Even though I have a very hectic week coming up, I was happy to see my family and have a relaxing day.

1 comment:

  1. Celine- Although the weather was not as nice as it could have been, I am glad to hear you had a decent family day. Sadly my parents were not able to come but I know if they were then feeding the ducks and fish would be a top priority. Those ducks and swans are crazy, not like a bad crazy but like a "we want ALL of your food" crazy. I remember last years family day, my family and another students family had a competition to see who could hand feed a duck first, we won of coarse. All in all, I am glad you had a wonderful family day and that your family was able to come down before this stressful week.

    ReplyDelete